Recognized since 2014
Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
Trusts and Estates
Richard Di Marco is a principal in Cohen and Wolf’s Tax, Trusts and Estates, and Business & Corporate Groups. He has thirty years' experience advising clients in tax matters, estate planning and administration, and business law; and representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. Mr. Di Marco practiced as a CPA prior to entering the practice of law. His clients include closely held corporations, partnerships, funds, tax-exempt organizations, and high net worth individuals. His extensive knowledge of tax law enables him to counsel clients with respect to complex estate planning issues as well as the formation, operation, and sale of their businesses.
Mr. Di Marco is a past Chairman of the Tax Section of the Connecticut Bar Association. In addition, he served as Chairman of the Estate Planning and Probate and Tax Committees of the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association. He is also a member of the American Academy of Attorney-CPAs. Active in the community, Mr. Di Marco has served on the boards of various organizations, including the Westport Arts Center, the United Way of Norwalk and Wilton, the Norwalk Community Health Center, and the Shore & Country Club. Mr. Di Marco frequently speaks to groups of attorneys, CPAs, clients and the public.
He has lectured on a wide variety of topics including basic and advanced estate planning, choice of entity, partnership tax, S corporation taxation, like-kind exchanges, tax aspects of divorce, tax aspects of insolvency and bankruptcy, IRA distributions, generation-skipping tax, Connecticut estate tax, Connecticut conveyance taxes, IRS collections and offers in compromise, the net investment income tax, and other subjects.
Mr. Di Marco is recognized in the 2014-2016 editions of the Best Lawyers in America in the area of Tax Law and holds an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Di Marco is admitted to practice in Connecticut, New York, and the U.S. Tax Court. He received his B.A. from the State University of New York at Albany in 1977, his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 1983, and his LL.M. (in Taxation) from New York University School of Law in 1984.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.cohenandwolf.com/?t=3&A=2651&format=xml&p=3182
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 320 Post Road West
Westport, CT 06880
- New York Law School, LL.M. in Taxation, graduated 1984
- Brooklyn Law School , J.D., graduated 1983
- Connecticut, Connecticut
- New York, New York
- United States, US Tax Court
- American Academy of Attorney CPAs - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Connecticut Bar Association - Member
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association - Member
- New York Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Stamford (2022)
- Tax Law, Stamford (2020)
- Tax Law, Stamford (2018)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Best Lawyers in America "Lawyer of the Year" for Tax Law in the Stamford area 2018
- Best Lawyers in America® Tax Law 2014-2019
- Best Lawyers in America® Business Organizations 2018-2019
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Peer Review Rated
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.