Recognized since 2007
St. Louis, Missouri
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Morry S. Cole handles complex litigation. He has served as lead trial and appellate counsel in a wide variety of complicated cases in state and federal courts throughout Missouri and the Midwest.
Mr. Cole received a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Baylor University, specializing in finance. He graduated from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law. While in law school he served as an editor of the Missouri Law Review, a research assistant for Professor Martha Dragich, and an intern to former Missouri Supreme Court (now 8th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge) Judge Duane Benton. Before joining the firm, Mr. Cole worked for the Missouri Supreme Court as law clerk and research attorney for Missouri Supreme Court Judge Edward D. Robertson, Jr.
Mr. Cole has written articles for the Missouri Law Review and the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys. He has published articles and continuing legal education materials relating to Wrongful Death cases in the Missouri Bar Journal and the Missouri Bar CLE Black Book on Damages in Civil Cases. He has lectured for the University of Missouri, the Missouri Bar, the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys and many civic and scholastic organizations. He has served as an Adjunct Professor of Pre-Trial Litigation and Settlement at the Washington University School of Law since 2008.
Mr. Cole has served the profession of law extensively. He served as the 2017-2018 President of The Missouri Bar, a current member of The Missouri Bar Board of Governors, and a member of The University of Missouri Law Society and the University of Missouri Jefferson Club. Previously he served as the state-wide Chairperson of The Missouri Bar YLS Counsel, a member of the Board of Governors of the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, a member of the Theodore MacMillian Inn of Court and a trustee of the University of Missouri Law School Foundation Board of Trustees.
Mr. Cole is a 2016 recipient of The Missouri Bar’s President’s Award. In 2003, he received The Missouri Bar Foundation’s Lon O. Hocker Award for “outstanding expression to the qualities of professional competence, industry, integrity and courtesy indicative of an able trial lawyer.” In 2005, he was given The Missouri Bar Foundation’s David J. Dixon Appellate Advocacy Award for “outstanding achievement in appellate practice.” Mr. Cole was also named the 2006 recipient of the St. Louis County Bar Association’s Roy F. Essen Outstanding Young Lawyer Award. The annual award is given for excellence as a lawyer, distinguished service to the Bar, and outstanding service to the community. Mr. Cole is the only attorney ever to receive all three of these prestigious awards. Mr. Cole was also named a “2007 Up & Coming Lawyer” by Missouri Lawyers Weekly.
Mr. Cole is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Aviation Law and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs. He has an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, which is the highest given.
Mr. Cole has been annually selected to Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers [among the top 5 percent of lawyers in Missouri and Kansas] since 2008, in the area of Personal Injury Plaintiff-General Litigation. He was also cited as a Top 50 St. Louis attorney and a Top 100 attorney in Missouri and Kansas by the same publication. Mr. Cole is an active instrument-rated pilot with ratings for land and sea airplanes.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.grgpc.com/attorneys/morry-s-cole/
- 701 Market Street, Suite 800
St. Louis, MO 63101
- University of Missouri - Columbia, J.D., graduated 1997
- Baylor University, BBA, graduated 1993
- Missouri, The Missouri Bar
- The Missouri Bar - President, 2017-2018
- American Association for Justice - Member
- Law Society and Law School Foundation - Board of Trustees
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys - Member
- The Lawyers Association of St. Louis - Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- Missouri - Supreme Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Aviation Law
- Automobile Collision
- Aviation Litigation
- Catastrophic Injury
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Up & Coming Lawyer, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2007
- St. Louis County Bar Association's Roy F. Essen Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, 2006
- The Missouri Bar Foundation's David J. Dixon Appellate Advocacy Award, 2005
- Lon O. Hocker Trial Lawyer Award, The Missouri Bar Foundation, 2003
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Magazine, 2008 - Present
- President’s Award, The Missouri Bar, 2016
- The Order of Barristers Honorary Initiate, 2017, University of Missouri School of Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.