Recognized since 2009
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
According to Michael Rustad, a Professor of Law at Suffolk University Law School in Boston, “Les Weisbrod has obtained more medical malpractice punitive damage jury verdicts for his clients than any other attorney in the United States.” In August 2014 Mr. Weisbrod obtained a summary jury trial verdict in Dallas County Court At Law No. 1 for $3.7 million on behalf of an injured 79-year-old client which included $2 million in punitive damages. Since May 1986, Mr. Weisbrod has tried or settled over 204 medical malpractice and medical product cases that have each resulted in verdicts or settlements of $1 million or more for his clients.
Mr. Weisbrod has served as President, President-Elect, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Parliamentarian of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America). AAJ is the largest trial lawyer membership organization in the world and dedicated to preserving the civil justice system and making sure that powerful special interests are held accountable when they engage in misconduct or negligence. In 1991 Mr. Weisbrod was the co-founding chair of the Birth Trauma Litigation group of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
He has lectured to lawyer groups across the U.S., Canada, England and Australia, and has written extensively on medical malpractice and medical product topics. He is recognized nationally and internationally as one of the top plaintiffs’ medical malpractice trial lawyers in the United States.
Mr. Weisbrod received his B.A. magna cum laude in 1975 from Claremont Men’s College and his J.D. in 1978 from Southern Methodist University Law School, and he is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.millerweisbrod.com/les-weisbrod
- 11551 Forest Central Drive, Suite 300
Dallas, TX 75243
- Southern Methodist University , J.D., graduated 1978
- Claremont McKenna College, BA, graduated 1975
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Arkansas, Arkansas Bar Association
- AAJ - American Association for Justice - President
- ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates) - Member
- American Society of Law and Medicine - Member
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California - Member
- Dallas and American Bar Associations - Member
- Dallas County Settlement Week - Chairman
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association - President
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Pan-European Organization of Personal Injury Lawyers - Member
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association - President
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs, Dallas/Fort Worth (2019)
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs, Dallas/Fort Worth (2017)
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs, Dallas/Fort Worth (2016)
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs, Dallas (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Best Lawyers in America, 2011-2017
- D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas, 2002-2005, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017
- Harry M. Philo Award, American Association for Justice 2013
- Dan Cullan Memorial Award, Executive Board, American Association for Justice Birth Trauma Litigation Group, 2012
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Rated Attorney (highest rating), 1990-2012
- Texas Monthly %u2013 Texas SuperLawyers, 2003-2010
- Wiedemann & Wysocki Award, American Association for Justice, 1999, 2002-2005
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.