Recognized since 2018
Washington, District of Columbia
Conflict is at the core of many divorces and can produce volatile emotions. Divorcing clients appreciate the combination of strength and compassion Katherine brings to her cases, especially when substance abuse, mental illness, domestic violence or contested child custody issues are involved. Katherine firmly believes in putting the children first in every divorce situation and in trying to reduce conflict between divorcing parents. A skilled problem-solver, Katherine acts decisively on behalf of her clients and is known for moving forward in a prompt and effective way to achieve her client’s goals.
Katherine, a partner in the family law practice at Feldesman Tucker Leifer Fidell LLP, practices all aspects of family law including complex financial issues and child related matters. She has been litigating family law cases for over ten years. As a former trial attorney with the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, Katherine has extensive experience in the courtroom. She ensures her clients understand the court process and are well prepared in the event a case goes to court.
A respected and skilled litigator, Katherine is equally comfortable negotiating and formulating settlement agreements for her clients that prioritize the needs of children in the process and focus on protecting a secure financial future.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.feldesmantucker.com/team/katherine-a-orourke/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 1129 Twentieth Street, NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
- Chicago-Kent College of Law at IIT , J.D., graduated 2000
- College of Wooster, B.A., graduated 1992
- Maryland, 2011
- District of Columbia, 2002
- Custody Workshop Committee - Chair
- D.C. Bar, Family Law Steering Committee - Member
- Domestic Violence Rules Committee - Member
- Friends of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia - Treasurer
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Best Lawyers in America© (2018 - 2022)
- Washingtonian Magazine, Top Divorce/Family Lawyer (2019)
- Washingtonian Magazine, Top Lawyer (2015 - 2019)
- Washington, D.C., Super Lawyers – Family Law (2019 - 2021)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.