Recognized since 2015
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Jordan Cohen joined Wicker Smith in 2003 and is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office. He received his Juris Doctor cum laude from Duke University in 2001 and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Philosophy from Tulane University, graduating cum laude in 1997. Prior to joining Wicker Smith, he worked for two years as a law clerk for Fourth District Court of Appeal Chief Judge Mark E. Polen.
Mr. Cohen’s practice is devoted to 100% litigation. Mr. Cohen has extensive experience in successfully representing clients with a focus on multi-district litigation (MDL), class action litigation, products liability, e-discovery, and commercial litigation. He practices in state and federal courts, with an emphasis on federal court practice.
Examples of prior and current representation include:
- Acting as coordinating counsel and discovery liaison counsel for global headquarters of European pharmaceutical company in consolidated state and federal proceedings involving a number of pharmaceutical products. Mr. Cohen has coordinated numerous global productions, including various database productions. Mr. Cohen has been responsible for preparing foreign employee witnesses for depositions in Europe and coordinating all pre-trial activities in multiple jurisdictions.
- Acting as counsel for thirty five (35) states in connection with the administration of a $1 billion+ Qualified Settlement Fund. Mr. Cohen was responsible for creating the technical infrastructure and procedures for the analysis and processing of 11,000+ class member claims. Mr. Cohen also represents the Qualified Settlement Fund in a multi-million dollar claim for refund action pending against the IRS.
- Acting as litigation counsel for an international building materials distributor, with responsibility for all commercial litigation. Mr. Cohen acted as trial counsel in a matter involving Enterprise Resource Planning software in federal court in North Carolina, obtaining a favorable settlement at trial.
- Acting as lead counsel in a putative class action involving the manufacturer of underground fuel hoses. The case involved 4,000+ alleged putative class members. The three named plaintiffs sought damages in excess of $1 million which they alleged were representative of the damages suffered by the 4,000+ members of the putative class. Mr. Cohen successfully defeated class certification for this client. City of St. Petersburg et al. v. Total Containment, Inc. et al., No. 06-20953-CIV, -- F.R.D. --, 2010 WL 547051 (S.D.Fla. Feb. 10, 2010).
- Acting as lead counsel for a wireless cellular technology designer and manufacturer defending Lanham Act false advertising claims asserted by a wireless common carrier. Mr. Cohen successfully obtained denial of the carrier’s motion for an injunction and obtained final summary judgment on all false advertising claims.
Mr. Cohen is admitted to practice before all courts in the state of Florida. Mr. Cohen has been admitted pro hac vice in multiple jurisdictions including New Jersey, North Carolina, and Wisconsin. He is AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell and an active member of The Florida Bar, Broward County Bar Association, and Defense Research Institute.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.wickersmith.com/attorneys/jordan-cohen/
- SunTrust Center, Suite 1400
515 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Florida, 2002
- Broward County Bar Association - Member
- Defense Research Institute - E-discovery Committee
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- International Who’s Who of Product Liability Defense Lawyers
- Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star”
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.