Recognized since 1995
Administrative / Regulatory Law
Litigation - Environmental
Natural Resources Law
Mr. Shepherd has substantial experience in arbitrations involving oil and gas issues. He has represented clients in arbitrations, testified as an expert witness, and served as an arbitrator.
In addition to litigation and arbitration, Mr. Shepherd counsels clients on a broad array of issues affecting resource development, including compliance with royalty obligations and laws governing approval of operations on federal and Indian lands.
Mr. Shepherd has served on the firm's Management Committee and as Chair of the firm's Energy, Environmental, and Natural Resources Department.
Contact & Links
- 555 Seventeenth Street, Suite 3200
Denver, CO 80202-3979
- Dartmouth College, A.B., graduated 1976
- Oklahoma, Oklahoma Bar Association
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Natural Resources Law, Denver (2020)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Denver (2018)
- Administrative / Regulatory Law, Denver (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Energy Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Natural Resources Law
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Endangered Species
- Federal Royalties
- Oil and Gas
- Selected as a 2011 BTI Client Service All-Star
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law
- Listed in Colorado Super Lawyers for the areas of Energy and Oil and Gas
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.