Recognized since 2012
Los Angeles, California
Administrative / Regulatory Law
Health Care Law
Harry Nelson is the founder and managing partner of Nelson Hardiman. Beyond his legal expertise, Harry is known nationally as a consummate leader at the intersection of healthcare law and business, as evidenced by his role in co-founding five healthcare-related start-ups in the last decade. Deeply immersed in healthcare transformation and innovation; he frequently speaks on cutting edge issues and the future of the industry itself.
Proactively tackling timely healthcare issues, Harry is the co-author of the recent book, “From Obamacare to Trumpcare,” a survey of healthcare policy leading up to the Affordable Care Act and a prediction for the future direction of U.S. healthcare. Harry’s thought leadership around the healthcare and life sciences industry has driven many next-generation healthcare ideas and initiatives to realization, including telehealth and other modalities of digital health and behavioral health.
Problem-Solver for the Healthcare Industry
For more than two decades, Harry has been a problem-solver for the healthcare industry, focused on regulatory and reimbursement challenges and strategy, including fraud and abuse, clinical safety, and data security. He has developed key resources to facilitate compliance, including programs for hundreds of healthcare businesses. He has extensive experience defending government investigations and enforcement actions, and has forged strong relationships with regulators across many healthcare sectors.
The Future of U.S. Healthcare
Harry often speaks about the future of U.S. healthcare, and sits on the boards of several healthcare organizations, including the American Addiction Treatment Association. In the broader community, Harry talks about leadership and board governance issues, and has worked with nonprofits on their organizational development and strategy.
Harry has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America (Administrative/Regulatory Law and Health Care Law) annually since 2010 and named to the list of Southern California Super Lawyers from 2010-2022. Harry has also earned an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell annually since 2010.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.nelsonhardiman.com/
- 1100 Glendon Avenue, 14th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90024
- California, State Bar of California
- Hawaii, State Bar of Hawaii
- Illinois, State Bar of Illinois
- Adaptive Business Leaders (Healthcare) - Member
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
- California Academy of Attorneys for Health Care Providers - Member
- California Academy of Attorneys for Healthcare Professionals - Member
- California Society of Healthcare Attorneys - Member
- Provisors Healthcare Roundtable - Member
- Wexner Heritage Roundtable - Leadership role
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Health Care Law
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America from 2010 - 2023
- Recognized by Southern California Super Lawyers (2010 - 2022)
- Earned AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell (2010 - 2018)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.