Recognized since 2021
Legal Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Evan Banker joined Chalat Hatten & Banker as an associate after his admission to the Colorado Bar, and became a partner in 2012 after four years with the firm. Evan has secured numerous successful settlements for his clients, and where settlement was not possible, verdicts in his clients' favor. His notable trial experience includes one of the largest auto/pedestrian verdicts in Colorado history – an $18.1 million verdict – and a defective product case against Ford Motor Co. which resulted in a $7 million judgment for his client.
His practice with the firm emphasizes personal injury cases, skier collisions, and professional malpractice. Mr. Banker earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where he represented low-income plaintiffs in the school's legal clinic and competed in ABA sponsored national appellate advocacy competitions, receiving special recognition for his writing. Before graduating, he gained experience working with the Hon. Robert S. Hyatt and with a major Denver civil defense firm.
Born and raised in New Jersey, Mr. Banker is an avid skier and is grateful to be able to incorporate his love of Colorado's mountain sports with his passion for representing his clients. His excellence as an advocate has been recognized by Colorado Super Lawyers, being placed on the 2009 through 2014 list of Rising Stars, and the Colorado Super Lawyers list since 2015.
- 1600 Broadway, Suite 1920
Denver, CO 80202
- University of Denver , Juris Doctor, graduated 2007
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, BA, Economics, graduated 2003
- Colorado, American Bar Association
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado, Continental Divide Bar Association
- Colorado Lawyers Committee - Volunteer Attorney
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association - Member
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers - Volunteer Attorney
- Polite Tumor - Board Member
- Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network - Volunteer Attorney
- Rocky Mountain PBS - Board Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Legal Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- 5280 Magazine, Top Lawyer, 2020
- AVVO, Superb Rated Attorney, AVVO Rating of 10/10
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2010-2020
- Colorado Supreme Court Pro Bono Award, 2013-2020
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100, Top 40 Under 40, 2012
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, 2012
- U.S News & World Report, Best Law Firms (Tier 1), 2017
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.