Recognized since 2018
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
David K. Cohn is the managing partner for Chain | Cohn | Stiles, and one of the most highly regarded trial lawyers in California's Central Valley.
Year after year, he is named one of the top attorneys in the “Best Lawyer” category by the Bakersfield Californian Reader’s Choice Poll. He is a Martindale-Hubbell AV preeminent-rated trial attorney, and has also been named a Super Lawyer in Southern California, an honor bestowed upon only the top 5% of lawyers in the region. He has been selected as a "Top Attorney," as reviewed be peers, in Bakersfield Life Magazine.
David grew up in Bakersfield, graduating from West High School, before going on to receive his bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern California. Shortly thereafter, he obtained his law degree from Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles. While in law school, he clerked for then Federal Public Defender, John Van de Kamp. Following graduation, David returned to Bakersfield, joined the firm and eventually became its managing partner in 2000.
David is a member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates, where he holds the rank of Associate, and also serves as the President for the San Joaquin Valley Chapter. He has also previously served on the Board of Governors for the Consumer Attorneys of California and as past President of the Kern County Trial Lawyers Association. He was selected to join the International Society of Barristers, a widely-respected invitation-only group whose aim it is to preserve trial by jury, the adversary system and an independent judiciary. Most recently, he was recognized in the Best Lawyers in America program, which is the oldest and among the most respected attorney ranking services in the world.
Over the course of his career, David has obtained numerous multi-million dollar results on behalf of his clients.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.chainlaw.com
- 1731 Chester Avenue, Suite 100
Bakersfield, CA 93301-5220
- Southwestern University School of Law, J.D., graduated 1975
- University of Southern California, Bachelors , graduated 1972
- California, California
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) - Associate
- Consumer Attorneys of California - Member
- International Society of Barristers - Member
- Kern County Bar Association - Member
- Southern California Super Lawyers - Member
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Top Lawyers, Bakersfield Life Magazine
- Top 100 Verdicts in California, Daily Journal
- Inductee, West High School Hall of Fame
- Best Lawyer, The Bakersfield Californian Reader’s Choice Poll
- Best Law Firm, The Bakersfield Californian Reader’s Choice Poll
- Super Lawyer, Southern California Super Lawyers
- AV Preeminent-Rated Trial Attorney, Martindale-Hubbell
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.