Recognized since 2006
Newark, New Jersey
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Ms. Amalfe is listed among the region’s leading employment lawyers by the Best Lawyers®, Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, and New Jersey Super Lawyers. As Chair of the firm’s Employment & Labor Law Department, Ms. Amalfe manages lawyers across three of five Gibbons offices, overseeing legal, administrative, and business development functions for one of the firm’s most active business units, with clients among the world’s best-known companies representing industries critical to the local, state, and regional economies.
In addition, Ms. Amalfe is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and serves as Human Resources General Counsel for Gibbons, and she is a co-founder of the internationally recognized Gibbons Women’s Initiative.
Ms. Amalfe is regularly commended by clients for understanding their business needs while aggressively litigating their legal issues and providing comprehensive employment related counseling and training. She has been extensively involved in defending single plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, and class claims under state and federal employment laws. She also conducts multi-faceted employment counseling and training for corporate clients.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.gibbonslaw.com/professionals/christine-a-amalfe
- E-mail: email@example.com
- One Gateway Center
Newark, NJ 07102-5310
- Seton Hall University, BS, graduated 1982
- New Jersey, State of New Jersey
- New York, State of New York
- Academy of New Jersey Management Attorneys Inc. - Founding Member
- American Bar Association - Labor and Employment Law Section
- Defense Research Institute - Employment Law Committee
- Essex County Bar Association - Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association - At-Large Trustee
- New Jersey Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Expedited Civil Actions - Member
- New York City Council Task Force on Discrimination and Harassment - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Newark (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Covenants Not to Compete
- State and Federal
- Wrongful Discharge
- College of Labor and Employment Attorneys 2015
- Trial Attorneys of New Jersey, Trial Lawyer Award 2015
- Listed as a "State Litigation Star," Employment & Labor Law, by Benchmark Litigation, 2015
- Listed in Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Labor & Employment
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient, New Jersey Law Journal Lifetime Achievement Award, 2015
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, Employment & Labor; Top 50 Female Attorney in New Jersey; Top 100 Attorney in New Jersey
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.