Recognized since 2008
Collaborative Law: Family Law
Family Law Mediation
Candice L. Komar is a partner of Pittsburgh family law firm Pollock Begg. A strong litigator and comprehensive attorney, Candice often deals with divorces involving closely held businesses, complex issues and high net worth individuals.
She is honored to have been voted the 2022 Pittsburgh "Lawyer of the Year" in family law mediation through the Best Lawyers in America peer review process.
With a head for business and more than two decades of experience, Candice is able to quickly assess cases, synthesize the numbers and provide cost options and estimates to her clients. Candice is recognized as a leading practitioner, litigator and highly skilled negotiator in matrimonial law. As a certified mediator trained in collaborative law, Candice understands the motivations and needs of the both sides of the case and is able to create strategies in her collaborative divorce cases that take each side’s interests (as opposed to positions) into account. Pursuing an interest in the psychotherapeutic dynamics of family law, she also holds a certification in constellation therapy through the Hellinger Learning Institute of Western Pennsylvania.
Prior to founding Pollock Begg she was a shareholder in the family law division of Buchanan Ingersoll (now Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC).
Candice majored in English and business at the University of Pittsburgh and found family law was a perfect fit for her enjoyment of words and her desire to use her analytical skills. She also studied ballet in her youth and as an adult and found being in a courtroom fit well with her love of performing. The discipline of ballet study also transfers to her courtroom preparation, and those skills and experiences serve her well. She has considerable trial experience in Allegheny and surrounding counties, particularly in valuation of closely held business interests, complex support cases and custody matters, including custody relocation.
Candice is a graduate of the University of Dayton School of Law, where she served as associate legislative note editor of the school’s law review. She earned dual bachelor’s degrees in English and business from the University of Pittsburgh. Candice is admitted to practice law in all Pennsylvania State courts and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Contact & Links
- 525 William Penn Place, Suite 3501
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Sex: Female
- University of Dayton , J.D., graduated 1986
- University of Pittsburgh, BA, graduated 1983
- Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association Family Law Section - Member
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation - Fellow
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow
- Collaborative Law Association of Southwestern PA - Member
- International Association of Collaborative Professionals - Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section - Member
- Pittsburgh Professional Women - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Family Law Mediation, Pittsburgh (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Collaborative Law: Family Law
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Equitable Division
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Pittsburgh Business Times Top 25 Women in Business Award, 2012
- Super Lawyer, 2005, 2007-Present
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Lawyers in Pittsburgh 2009-2011
- Best Lawyers 2008-Present
- Top 50 Women Lawyers in PA 2009-Present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.