Recognized since 2016
Employment Law - Individuals
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Beth E. Bertelson is the founder of Bertelson Law Offices, P.A., located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Focusing her practice on labor and employment law, she represents employees in the Twin Cities metropolitan area and throughout Minnesota in litigation and pre-litigation negotiations in matters involving severance, employment and noncompete agreements, and related issues. Certified as a specialist in labor and employment law by the Minnesota State Bar Association, Ms. Bertelson also mediates employment disputes and has been designated as a "qualified neutral" under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice for the District Courts. She also assists clients in a variety of employment law issues, including auditing company policies and procedures for legal compliance, discrimination and harassment training, and job coaching.
A 1984 graduate of St. Olaf College, where she received a Bachelor of Arts, Ms. Bertelson then attended William Mitchell College of Law and was awarded her Juris Doctor in 1987. Admitted to practice in Minnesota, she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. Highly regarded by her peers, Ms. Bertelson has received a 10.0 "Superb" rating from Avvo and has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Top 50 Women Lawyers from 2014 – 2020.
Ms. Bertelson stays abreast of current developments in her field through her active participation in the Minnesota State and Hennepin County bar associations, the National Employment Lawyers Association and Minnesota Women Lawyers. She has written several articles on employment matters and is frequently asked to speak before groups of fellow professionals. Active in her community, Ms. Bertelson has served on the boards of Youthworks and the Linden Hills Neighborhood Council, and has provided pro bono services to the Minnesota Department of Human Rights.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bertelsonlaw.com
- Union Plaza, Suite 402
333 Washington Avenue, North
Minneapolis, MN 55401
- William Mitchell College of Law , Juris Doctor, graduated 1987
- Minnesota, 1987
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Best Law Firms, U.S. News, 2021
- Star Tribune, Minnesota's Best, 2021 Silver Winner
- 10.0 "Superb" rating from Avvo
- Best Lawyer, Minnesota Monthly, 2015-2020
- Karla Wahl Advocacy Award, MN NELA, 2016
- Best Attorney Lifetime Charter Member, Rue Rating, 2016
- America's Top 100 Attorneys/Lifetime Achievement, 2016
- The Expert Network, 2017
- The Top 50 Women Attorneys in Minnesota, Super Lawyers, 2014-2020
- Attorney Recognition, Super Lawyers, 2001-2004, 2008-2020
- Best Lawyers, U.S. News 2016 -2020
- Attorney Recognition, Lawyers of Distinction, 2020
Focus AreasEmployment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer, Employment Law - Employee, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Mediation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.